Friday, January 11, 2019

The bidet


The bidet

Let's see, let's start from the fact that everything that affects the human body and goes from the inside out always has a delicate and modest point -the subject of the bidet and the washings, as it could not be less, with greater reason- so there will be I treat this matter with delicacy and tact.




OneRose Portable Bidet Sprayer, Travel Bidet with Handheld Bottle for Personal Hygiene, Peri Bottle, Large Capacity (15.2oz) yet Lightweight
OneRose Portable Bidet Sprayer, Travel Bidet with Handheld Bottle for Personal Hygiene, Peri Bottle, Large Capacity (15.2oz) yet Lightweight






Following the post of the other day in which he mentioned the bide as "a strange element for most countries, especially non-Spanish speaking", an intense debate was generated among those who believed that "the bidet is a key element at home, almost as indispensable as the fridge, the sofa or my husband, "and those who thought -as I, here I am mojo- that it is something in disuse and maybe something reviled.

To support my opinion - actually as little formed in this matter as it can be in the reproduction of the Asian alligator - I dedicated 20 intense minutes to calling by phone (as if it is not going to be screaming) to three reform companies: I will not lie, I ripped the paper from the lamppost. In the three they told me that "we reform kitchen, bathroom and living room in 10 days and with invoice or without invoice, as you prefer, sir". Clarified that my call had a purely statistical objective, now yes, they answered my question: the three agreed that fewer and fewer reforms request to keep the bidet . So, based on this study absolutely lacking in rigor, I reaffirmed myself: the bidet dies.

Go ahead that I understand both those who use the bidet (often or sporadically) and those who do not. Some, the supporters, argue that it is necessary to use it "for hygiene", not understanding how some can avoid using it. And I ask you: do you wash your teeth after eating some potatoes at 1:00 p.m.? Or after coffee at 17:30? And when you eat an energy bar at 18:30? No, right? Only the three times you're supposed to brush and period, huh? Ah!

And if it is for hygiene, I also ask you: do you wash your armpits after the race so that the parking meter does not give you the fine? And after a presentation in front of 12 managers, the CEO and two fellows? Ah, I imagined it. No, right? Why? Because you'll shower when you get home. And that seems to me the key. Actually, if you want to sit on the bidet and splash after having finished "your moves" is fine and is irreproachable , but the TALIBANES DEL BIDÉ (because after reading some comments the other day I realized that they exist), they can not put their hands on their heads and qualify as "a pig" not to use it. Because we're going to see, to this day, all the people I've met have toilet paper in their homes. And they use it. And that's perfectly enough for a few hours.

Another argument to avoid having to use it would be that in other countries (the majority) it does not even exist . In what role does that leave the rest of the world? Are they all piggy but us, the chosen ones? Do not the Dutch have enough to call themselves "tulips" or the French to have other French neighbors and also to criticize them for not having a bidet? A little empathy, please, gentlemen.


Also, I want to add a series of reasons why I , personally, DO NOT use a bidet :

  • - Because of laziness.
  • - Because I imagine myself there, sitting, with my legs half open but pulling quadriceps, and I feel embarrassed
  • - Lack of time
  • - Because I have to wait 10 minutes each time for hot water to come out, and I am very aware of the environment for such waste.
  • - Because it's uncomfortable
  • - Because I do not have

Alternative uses to an already installed bidet:

  • - To wash your feet in summer
  • - To wash clothes that fade
  • - To buy the seafood in October and raise it until Christmas yourself
  • - For this girl to play with her little frogs and the one on the right to wash her little pig.

At the end of this brief essay on the bide, I leave a couple of questions in the air : How is the towel theme managed? Is it used the same as in the shower? Do you dry there, everything, to death, below and such, and then hang it back on the towel rack as if it were something? What happens if the bidet and shower are in different bathrooms? Do you take the towel around the house hanging around your neck like in the pools? What if you forget in the other bathroom? Do not you use a bidet that day?

One last question: How does one feel in the bidet? Looking at the trickle or the other way around? And in any case, who says it? Has anyone ever seen instructions for a bidet? And finally, if I visit a friend's house (or worse, a friend) and I feel like going to the bathroom, if they have a bidet, am I obliged to use it when I finish? Do I have to ask for a towel by the time I finish? Or already if that dried me with toilet paper?

And ending, and so that I do not blame criticism but not provide solutions (very politician this, by the way), I openly propose the replacement of the bidet with wet wipes . Millions of babies around the world take care of their asses with this method. You can not all be wrong! Of course it would be faster, less cumbersome, more portable and more practical.