Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Keep tile joints white

Keep tile joints white

On many occasions I have heard complaints and reliefs because of the said joints of the tiles, which at first change lose the target and you have to review periodically to maintain in good condition.

Grout Cleaner Product


In the market, there are countless products marketed to whiten, which should not give too good result, because people are going from one to another, to the point that I do not know anyone who is eternally loyal to any particular brand....

My mother's Trick

Nobody, except my mother, who when I married and were preparing the floor, gave me one of his wonderful recommendations while we did the wall tiles of my first kitchen: Now when we finish, down to the drugstore and buy a little Bruguer White Acrilic, a bottle of turpentine, and a pair of brushes, but that is Bruguer acrilic, that does not you of another, that the others yellow... Click here to see the painting . Now they have taken it clean with water and no need for turpentine. It used to be solvent and it was more cumbersome 😉


Hands to work

Said and done, as I went up, we got to work and gave the joints with the paint, which once dry is very easy to remove from the tiles with a dry green scourer. The technique is very simple: with the brush, directly from the can (it is removed before) you have to go painting the stripes no matter if the tiles are slightly stained. When it dries, it is given with the green scouring pad to remove the paint, a cloth is passed to make shine, and we can forget to review together almost the rest of our lives.

On that floor we were three years old, and I never had to go over any joints again. Then we moved to a new house, and one of the first things I did was buy my paint and my brush. We've been living here for almost 11 years, and my joints are white as the day I painted them. When I see them a little ugly, the scrub, and they stay again as freshly painted.

So my advice, if EstrenÃĄis home, is that after scrubbing the tile walls well, instead of applying one of those whitening products that always end up falling and forcing you to review every little time, buy a piece of this paint and a paintbrush.
It doesn't matter if you've already applied another product.

If you have already been applying bleach, you can also try to paint, but before you have to scratch the joints to get the maximum possible product. I don't know if we should re-paint the joints in the future, I imagine if, because the grace is that the enamel adheres to the clean grout, but what is safe is that with the Bruguer acrilic the joints will last white longer than with a current bleach.



And this is the best way to keep the tiles ' joints white. If you liked this trick, you will also be interested to see in this post how I do to keep the white ground gaskets clean.